Friday, January 30, 2015

Shanty Town, Generator, and Power Pylon.

The shanty town is really coming together. I only have two more smaller buildings to convert and paint and it should be complete. After that I want to work up a bunch of incidental terrain pieces to go with it: barricades of scrap metal, catwalks, rusted burn barrels, crates and boxes, etc.

Here are some pics of the buildings together in a scene to give an idea of what the end result should look like. I am going for a really cramped and fortified town look for this. I might end up needing to make more buildings from scratch to expand the town and do some walls as well. But that's for another day...

Here are some pics:










Here are some pics of the power generator and power pylon I built. If they look familiar it is because they are made to look like the Quantum Gothic generator and pylon. I made these because at the time they had been out of business and I was unable to buy them. I liked the design so much I decided to build them myself. Apparently they are now back in business again. I hope to pick up their generator now that it is available again to add to mine. Mine is much bigger than the one they offered because I had a plastic container that was the perfect shape...just bigger.

Here they are:






Here is my pylon in raw plastic before I painted it:





More to come!

6 comments:

  1. Looks really good! Quick - and slightly daft question - what have you used for the "ground"? It looks like some sort of fabric, but I can't quite make out what type of fabric it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground mat is plush felt. I took a mid tone brown piece and sprayed it lightly with an orange floral tone spray. I then sprayed random patches with black spray paint for burned patches of grass and highlighted them with a light spray of white for the ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a fantastic job. Loved your work! Anyways guys, I just got to know about awesome deals on Honda portable generators on an online megastore. If you are thinking to buy a good generator then it’s your best chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! This is a good information for used generator sales, Please keep sharing more and more information.

    generator hire & new generator sales

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great tips. For those who could use some more specific advice, tips and information about great article thanks for posting.

    load bank hire & generator maintenance

    ReplyDelete