Sunday, February 28, 2016

Badab War: Mantis Warriors Sergeant

Howdy. Just finished the first of my Mantis Warriors. It took a bunch of test paints and color changes to get the right combo, but I finally found the green I like and the process to achieve it. I'm very happy with the results and no I think I can bang a bunch of these out pretty quickly. The process is pretty straightforward:

Spray prime Krylon flat light green camo. Undercoat with watered down GW Foundation paints Knarloc Green. Wash with GW Athonian Camo wash. Highlight with Knarloc Green and edge with GW Straken Green. Some edges were then hit with a sharp line of GW Zandari Dust. It gives me just the green I was looking for. Not too bright, not too subdued or olive. Just the right tone.

Hope you enjoy! More to come...





No comments:

Post a Comment