Saturday, September 19, 2015

Badab War: Mantis Warriors HQ WIP

Now that I've gotten some scenery off my workbench, it was time to get back to painting some Badab War stuff. I had already finished my Captain and Apothecary, so it was time to move on to the rest of the HQ.

The long time between work on these guys was partially because I was dreading painting the Company Banner. It had been a long long time since I free hand painted a banner for Warhammer 40,000. But, it wasn't going to paint itself and so I finally dove in. I wanted to keep my banner pretty generic for a company banner. Too many are over the top. I feel the Mantis Warriors would let their actions speak for themselves. This banner announces the chapter and company and pays homage to the many campaigns the company has fought and it shows the Endymion Cluster system on the back as the chapter's home system. There is the Maelstrom Warders badge in the center bottom to indicate the chapter's alliance with the other chapters defending the Badab Sector. Each of the campaign honors come from the Mantis Warriors source material.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out. This bit of painting got me on a roll so I finished a Marksman for the HQ as well. One more Marksman and a melta gun toting tankbuster left to go then it's on to the squads.

Hope you enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment