Thursday, April 7, 2016

Badab War: Fire Hawks Contemptor Dreadnought

Hello, and welcome back. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the Contemptor dreadnought that came with my Betrayal at Calth box. I'm not a huge fan of the model itself as the pose is pretty static. Since I wasn't going to be painting it to use with my Horus Heresy Ultramarines, I thought I'd give it to the Fire Hawks to use. The scroll on the front of the sarcophagus says "Burn Them All, The Emperor Will Know His Own". I thought that was an appropriate message to go with a chapter known for their indifference to human casualties.

So here's the result. Painted over the last two nights. I'm really happy with the way it came out and I think I like the model a little more now that it's painted. I think I shall call him "Trogdan the Incinerator.

Enjoy!







Here he is next to the Mantis Warriors Hellfire Dreadnought, the Venerable Secarssa the Bow of Ma'Dan. I hadn't realized just how BIG these Contemptors were.



No comments:

Post a Comment