Thursday, November 20, 2014

Building Refurbishing

Now that I am getting back into gaming in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the one thing I desperately need is sci fi terrain. Years of historical gaming has left me with lots of buildings and scenery that are great for Europe in the 1940s, but not so much the 41st millenium. I had some of the basics such as trees, rocks, and hills, but no buildings and very little scatter terrain that fit.

When I was going through some of my old terrain in the basement I came across a box of adobe buildings I had built years ago. They had been sold off to a friend then recently reacquired from him with the idea that I might turn them into Ork buildings. Looking at the buildings again it seemed they were built to well to turn into Orky structures but would make a decent basis for a sci fi shanty town.

I went to work with some plastic card, tubing, and basswood and turned this...


Into this...











These buildings should fit well with my post apocalypse style burned landscape terrain.






No comments:

Post a Comment